- If you are applying for MassHealth because of an accident or injury, you will need to use that money to repay the costs paid by MassHealth for all medical services you and your family get.
- If you or any members of your family are in an accident, or are injured in some other way, after becoming eligible for MassHealth, you will need to use that money to repay only the costs paid by MassHealth for medical services provided because of that accident or injury.
Third parties who might give you or members of your family money because of an accident or injury include the following:
- a person or business who may have caused the accident or injury,
- an insurance company, including your own insurance company, or
- other sources, such as worker's compensation.
You must tell MassHealth in writing within 10 calendar days, or as soon as possible, of filing any insurance claims and lawsuits.
This information is provided by MassHealth.