About the program
This coverage type provides emergency health services to people who, under federal law, have an immigration status that keeps them from getting more services.
For MassHealth Limited, covered services include the ones listed below. You can get care only for medical emergencies (conditions that could cause serious harm if not treated). There may be some limits. Your health-care provider can explain them.
- inpatient hospital emergency services including labor and delivery
- outpatient hospital emergency services, and emergency visits to emergency rooms
- certain services provided by doctors and clinics outside a hospital
- medical services: pharmacy services used to treat an emergency medical condition
- ambulance transportation for an emergency medical condition
You may be able to get MassHealth Limited if you are aged 65 and older and live in the community.
You must meet the eligibility standards (including income and assets) of MassHealth Standard.
Call a MassHealth Enrollment Center at 1-888-665-9993 (TTY: 1-888-665-9997 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled) to request a Senior Medical Benefit Request (SMBR), or download a Senior Medical Benefit Request:
Submit the completed application to the one MassHealth Enrollment Center (MEC) listed below that is closest to where you live.
45-47 Spruce Street
Chelsea, MA 02150
21 Spring Street
Taunton, MA 02780
333 Bridge Street
Springfield, MA 01103
367 East Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876
MassHealth Enrollment Center: 1-888-665-9993
(TTY: 1-888-665-9997 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled)
Office hours: Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
This information is provided by MassHealth.