About The Program
MassHealth pays for health care for certain low- and medium-income people living in Massachusetts. MassHealth offers health-care benefits directly or by paying part or all of your health-insurance premiums.
MassHealth offers the following coverage types:
- MassHealth Standard
- MassHealth CommonHealth
- MassHealth Family Assistance
- MassHealth Basic
- MassHealth Essential
- MassHealth Prenatal
- MassHealth Limited
- MassHealth Senior Buy-In
- MassHealth Buy-In
- families with children under age 19
- children under age 19
- pregnant women
- people out of work for a long time
- disabled people
- adults who work for a qualified employer
- people who are HIV positive
- certain people aged 65 or older who are caretaker relatives of children under 19 or who are disabled and are working 40 or more hours a month
- people aged 65 and older who are living at home
- people of any age who need long-term-care services
Eligibility criteria vary by coverage type. If you are eligible, we will give you the most complete coverage you qualify for.
For families, pregnant women, and people under age 65:
Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1-800-497-4648) to request a Medical Benefit Request (MBR), or
Download a Medical Benefit Request form:
Submit the completed application to:
MassHealth Enrollment Center
Central Processing Unit
P.O. Box 290794
Charlestown, MA 02129-0214
For people aged 65 and older and people of any age who need long-term-care services:
Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900
(TTY: 1-800-497-4648 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled) to request a MassHealth Application (MHA) for Seniors and People Needing Long-Term Care Services, or
Download the MassHealth Application.
- Senior Medical Benefit Request [English] (PDF) file size 1MB
- Senior Solicitud de beneficios médicos (PDF)
Individuals of any age who reside or wish to reside in a long-term care facility must complete the Long-Term-Care Supplement of the MassHealth Application.
Download the Long-Term-Care Supplement.
For help completing the application forms, call the MassHealth Enrollment Center at 1-888-665-9993 (TTY: 1-888-665-9997).
MassHealth Customer Service Center: 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1-800-497-4648 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled)
Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Notice of Privacy Practices
This information is provided by MassHealth.