MassHealth Disability Accommodation Ombudsman

MassHealth now has an ombudsman to help members and applicants with disabilities receive the accommodations they need for effective communication with MassHealth. This office can also provide personal assistance by explaining MassHealth processes and requirements and helping you filling out forms over the telephone. People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled can call on VRS or by TTY. You can always get help in person at a MassHealth Enrollment Center (MEC).
TTY: 617-847-3788 (for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled) 

What We Provide

Any MEC, MassHealth Customer Service, or the Ombudsman, can provide personal assistance via telephone or e-mail, and can provide publications in the following format:

  • large print
  • electronic; and
  • Braille.

If you would like to meet with MassHealth staff, and require a sign language interpreter or CART service, the Ombudsman will schedule this for you.

We Now Have Assistive Listening Devices (ALDS)  deaf-hardhearing-symbol

ALDs are available at all MassHealth Enrollment Centers (MECs). Please let staff know if you require this accommodation.

Tracking Disability and Accommodation Data

In order to better serve you, MassHealth is collecting information about the accommodations that you need and prefer. Next time you are in contact with a MEC or MassHealth Customer Service please let them know your preferred accommodation. You can also let them know your email and cell phone address.

Helpful Links

This information is provided by MassHealth.