MassHealth Wants to Help You Quit Smoking!
You may know smoking or using tobacco is bad for your health. MassHealth has services to help members quit- whether it's smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco. These services can help you quit. What if you try but still can't quit? These services will still be there to help you try again, and to provide you with the support you need to help you quit.
MassHealth will provide group support and individual face-to-face counseling to help you quit. Ask your about smoking cessation counseling.
Medications may help stop cravings to smoke or chew tobacco. Ask your MassHealth provider about nicotine replacement and other medications. These include:
- nicotine patches
- Bupropion and Chantix
Counseling and medications are available to help you quit. To get these services you must be a MassHealth member who wants to quit smoking or chewing tobacco. To be eligible for these services you must be enrolled in MassHealth Standard, CommonHealth, Prenatal Family Assistance for Persons with HIV, or have direct coverage (not premium assistance) for MassHealth Basic, MassHealth Essential, or Family Assistance for Children.
MassHealth understands that it may take trying again and again to quit.
To learn more about quitting smoking or chewing tobacco:
- talk with your health care provider
- call MassHealth Customer Service (1-800-841-2900)
- if you are a MassHealth member of BMC HealthNet Plan, Fallon Community Health Plan, Neighborhood Health Plan, or Network Health, call their customer service
- read the MassHealth Consumer Fact Sheet (available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- also use these free Web sites for support: http://www.mass.gov/dph/ , and www.makesmokinghistory.org.
This information is provided by MassHealth.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.