To qualify for the MFP Demonstration an individual must:
Currently live in a nursing facility, chronic disease or rehabilitation hospital (including a public health hospital), intermediate care facility for people with intellectual disabilities, or certain psychiatric hospital settings, for at least 90 consecutive days, excluding Medicare rehabilitation days.
The individual must also:
- Be 18 years old or older and have a disability, or be age 65 or older;
- Receive MassHealth benefits at least one day prior to discharge;
- Sign an MFP Informed Consent Form indicating a willingness to participate; and
- Move into an MFP-qualified residence in the community.
A qualified residence includes:
- a home owned or leased by the individual or the individual’s family member;
- an apartment with an individual lease;
- a community-based residential setting in which no more than four unrelated individuals reside; or
- an assisted living residence that has an apartment with separate living, sleeping, bathing and cooking areas, lockable access and egress, and meets other criteria.