CANS User Guides
An essential reference that provides detailed guidance on the scoring rating of each CANS item.
- CANS Birth through Four User Guide (PDF) file size 1MB
- CANS Five through Twenty User Guide (PDF) file size 1MB
CANS Family Guide
A two-page document that explains the “what” and the “why” of the CANS to family members. We encourage providers to share this with families during the initial assessment period.
Assessing Child Outcomes with the CANS
This brief article provides some guidance on how to assess child outcomes with the CANS.
CANS Race, Ethnicity, and Primary Language Information
- Race, Ethnicity, and Primary Language Options (PDF)
- Introduction to Collecting Race, Ethnicity, and Primary Language (PDF)
- Best Practice on Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data Collection (PPT) file size 1MB file size 1MB
This information is provided by MassHealth.