- MassHealth requires all primary-care providers (PCPs) of MassHealth patients (from birth to 21 years) to offer standardized behavioral-health screening as part of periodic and medically necessary interperiodic EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment) or PPHSD (Preventive Pediatric, Health-Care Screening and Diagnosis) screens according to the EPSDT Services Medical Protocol and Periodicity Schedule (Appendix W of the MassHealth provider manuals). These screens require that PCPs choose a clinically appropriate behavioral-health screening tool from a menu of approved standardized tools when conducting a behavioral-health screen at each periodic or interperiodic visit.
This Web site is designed to help PCPs:
- understand the requirement;
- gain familiarity with the approved standardized behavioral-health screening tools;
- implement the use of behavioral-health screening tools in their practices; and
- know what to do when a behavioral-health need is identified.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.