- ensuring access to care,
- advancing health care quality,
- containing health care costs,
- promoting individual wellness, and
- promoting healthy communities.
In their roles as purchasers; providers; regulators; insurers; stewards of public health; and potential sources for health care financing, the HealthyMass participants are uniquely positioned to develop, implement and align polices to promote quality, affordable health care. The nine participating agencies are:
- the Executive Office of Health and Human Services,
- the Executive Office for Administration and Finance,
- the Office of the Attorney General,
- the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority,
- the Division of Insurance,
- the Group Insurance Commission,
- the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority,
- the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency, and
- the Department of Correction.
The HealthyMass members identified four initial priorities for their comprehensive, coordinated efforts:
- adoption of consistent payment policies for serious reportable events;
- performance measurement alignment;
- disease management and wellness promotion; and
- administrative simplification.
This information is from