MassMobility, in partnership with MassDOT Rail and Transit, hosted the Massachusetts Community Transportation Coordination Conference on May 5, 2015 in Marlborough. This annual conference is an opportunity for transportation providers, human service agency staff, and advocates to come together to hear presentations on best practices and connect with peers around the state.
This year, 136 people attended the conference, more than double last year’s numbers – indicating a growing interest in improving mobility and access for seniors, people with disabilities, and low-income individuals statewide. Statewide coordination meetings have occurred every year since 2009.
Funding Strategies Panel
Promoting Mobility and Employment through Affordable Car Ownership: Vehicle Donation and Car Loan Programs
- Car ownership workshop summary
- More Than Wheels handout
- MRC Good News Garage Program
- Good News Garage
- Ascentria Care Alliance file size 2MB
Older Driver Programs and Services
Central Reservation/Dispatch Systems for Council on Aging Transportation
MassRIDES and Community Transportation: Employers, Carpools, and Regional Coordinating Councils
Secretary Pollack’s Mid-Day Keynote
Three Models of Travel Instruction
Understanding Regional Planning Agencies and Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Regional Planning Agency workshop summary
- Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission presentation file size 4MB
Creating a Peer Support Network for Volunteer Driver Programs
Demand Response and Employment Transportation: Regional Examples
- Demand response and employment transportation workshop summary
- READYBUS presentation
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority presentation file size 1MB
- Ready to Go handout
Advocacy Strategies Panel
- This conference builds on ongoing coordination efforts around Massachusetts that bring transportation providers, human service agency staff, advocates, and consumers together to identify priorities and collaborate to address transportation gaps.
- Learn about what these regional efforts are accomplishing.
- Contact us at email@example.com to get involved.
- Subscribe to the MassMobility monthly newsletter to stay up to date on coordination and community transportation in Massachusetts.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office