- MassMobility Reports: The Massachusetts Community Transportation Series
- External reports
- Annual reports
The Massachusetts Community Transportation Series is a new series of reports targeted to community agency staff, mobility managers, transit authorities and transportation providers, and others interested in community transportation coordination and mobility management in Massachusetts.
These reports and resources provide information about and examples of promising practices in mobility management and community transportation coordination in Massachusetts.
- Addressing Short-Term Healthcare Transportation Needs through Regional Collaboration: Four Approaches from Massachusetts
June 2017. This brief describes four approaches that cross-sector, collaborative groups have recently taken to address healthcare transportation needs in Massachusetts: convening stakeholders, educating healthcare workers, implementing new services, and funding transportation. The report references the following tools, which may be of use to organizations looking to replicate the approaches:
Council on Aging Transportation Coordination. April 2017. This report describes strategies for how Councils on Aging can coordinate their transportation services, and explores benefits and challenges of coordination.
Travel Instruction – practice brief and toolkit. August 2016. Scroll down to “Practice Briefs and Toolkits” to find a set of reports published by MassDOT, researched and written by MassMobility, including information on costs of starting a program, technical assistance and funding opportunities for programs in Massachusetts, and more.
- Wheelchair-Accessible Taxicabs October 2013. This report describes strategies that community organizations and human service agencies in Massachusetts can use to help make wheelchair-accessible taxis available to their consumers.
- Insurance Issues in Community Transportation September 2013. This report discusses some of the insurance options available to small transportation-providing organizations in Massachusetts.
- Volunteer Driver Programs – 2016 updates. Published by MassDOT, researched and written by MassMobility, including information on liability, program profiles, sample documents, and more.
- Sharing Community Vehicles: A Promising Practice from Northern Berkshire County, Massachusetts
December 2012. This report describes a vehicle share model using an example from a partnership serving seven rural communities in Northern Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
- Vehicle Share Agreements December 2012. This resource provides additional details on the agreement that agencies sign when they establish a vehicle share program.
- Creating an Inventory of Community Vehicles December 2012. This resource offers some basic guidance on how to identify vehicles in your area and how to gauge interest in a vehicle share program.
- Community Transportation of School-Age Youth December 2012. This resource provides an overview of considerations for transporting school-age youth in Massachusetts.
- A Mission to Serve: State Activities to Help Military Veterans Access Transportation. National Conference of State Legislatures, January 2013. The Massachusetts Veterans Transportation Coalition is mentioned numerous times in this report, which includes examples from Massachusetts, as well as other states.
- Community, Social Service and Paratransit Transportation Commission - Final Report. July 19, 2012. The Commission that formed in response to Massachusetts Executive Order 530 has released its final report. More information on Executive Order 530 is available from the EO 530 webpage.
Executive Order 530 Final Report
- Improving Human Services Transportation: The Massachusetts Brokerage and Coordination Model. Center for Workers with Disabilities, March 2012.
- FY15 Annual Report
- FY14 Annual Report
- FY13 Annual Report
- FY12 Annual Report
- FY11 Annual Report
- FY10 Annual Report
- FY09 Annual Report
- FY08 Annual Report file size 1MB
This information is provided by Human Service Transportation Office.