This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
December 12, 2013
AAA Driver Improvement Program class for senior drivers
- North Andover, MA
- Register here
December 13, 2013
Deadline to apply for Helping Hands mini-grants from MArtap
- Grants to assist Massachusetts Councils on Aging/Friends of Councils on Aging and all transportation providers improve delivery of transportation services
- Priority will be given to transportation providers that serve rural areas of the Commonwealth
- $1000 maximum grant award plus 10% local match
- Visit www.martap.org for more information
- If you have questions, contact MArtap at 877-MArtap1 (627-8271) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 17, 2013
- 4-6 PM
- 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA Conference Rooms 1-2-3
- A public meeting is being held to inform users of THE RIDE of a proposed No-Show, Late Cancellation policy to be implemented Spring of 2014 under the ADA and US DOT regulations 49 CFR 37.125(h) and to receive comment from customers. All members of the public are invited to attend.
- Read more from the MBTA
January 13 - February 28, 2014
People on the Move – online course from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Thisfree, seven week online course provides information on the ADA and beyond with regards to fixed route and paratransit passengers. The course focuses on topics that directly affect passengers of these services. It addresses issues such as customer service to people with disabilities, customer monitoring and feedback, riding the bus, service animals and more.
- Register here
January 14, 2014
Human Services and Equity in Transportation Forum
- 9 to noon, State Transportation Building in Boston
- Convened by the Boston Region MPO, in partnership with the Metropolitan Area Planning Council, the Human Service Transportation Office of the Executive Office of Health and Human Services, and the Statewide Mobility Manager (MassDOT Rail and Transit Division)
- The purpose of the forum is to discuss new developments in community transportation, introduce the transportation equity program of the Boston MPO, share information about best practices and successful initiatives, and gather information about unmet needs in the region.
January 24, 2014
Statewide Coordinating Council on Community Transportation
- Meeting 10-11:30 at Ten Park Plaza, Boston
- Snow date is January 27
- Details on the MassDOT calendar
February 26, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions on the ADA – webinar from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- 2-3 PM
- In this session, Easter Seals Project ACTION staff will discuss questions frequently received on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) with regards to fixed route and complementary paratransit services. A question and answer period will also be held at the end of the session so come prepared with your ADA questions.
- Register here