This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
August 19-21, 2014
Association of Travel Instruction conference
- Portland, OR
- Webinar from Transit Planning 4 All
- 2-3 PM
- Whether a coordination effort spans communities, geography, or organizations, there are policy and practice decisions that can be used to minimize any disruption that this diversity may cause. Speakers will identify potential obstacles and challenges and offer solutions for overcoming and preventing challenges. From their varying professional roles, speakers will address how to ensure the continued active engagement of people with disabilities and older adults in coordinated transportation planning.
- Register here
- Doug Halley of Acton, Massachusetts is a featured presenter on this webinar, sharing lessons from the CrossTown Connect community transportation coordination initiative
August 21, 2014
Community Information Challenge Grant Information Sessions
- Worcester, 10 AM
- Boston, 3 PM
- Learn more about the Community Innovation Challenge Grant
August 26, 2014
Community Innovation Challenge Grant Information Session
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- 10 AM
- This information session is open for municipalities of the Pioneer Valley region to attend that seek information about the CIC Grant program and its process.
- 3-4:35 PM
- Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
- First hour includes a panel speaking about community transportation in Greater Boston
September 18, 2014
Forum on Volunteer Driver Programs
- Pittsfield Council on Aging, 330 North Street, Pittsfield, MA
- 1-4 PM
- This forum is intended to bring together volunteer driver program coordinators, volunteer drivers, and anyone interested in starting a volunteer driver program. At this forum, attendees will have an opportunity to talk about risk & liability, volunteer recruitment, and driver training, and will also have time to network with peers from other volunteer driver programs.
- Please register for this event by sending your name, contact information, and organization (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Light refreshments will be served
- This event is co-sponsored by MassMobility, Elder Services of Berkshire County, and the Adams Council on Aging
- MassMobility is planning additional volunteer driver program forums in other regions. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more
December 1-5, 2014
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week
- With increasing age come changes in physical, mental and sensory abilities that can challenge a person's continued ability to drive safely. But there are a variety of safe travel options for people of all ages.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.