This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
January 21-30, 2015
MassDOT training on Community Transit Grant Program applications
- Trainings are scheduled in Haverhill, Boston, New Bedford, Worcester, and Pittsfield
- An online training will be available January 30
- Detailed training schedule & locations
- Contact email@example.com to register
February 2, 2015
MassDOT Community Transit Grant Program application opens
- Applications due March 2
- Training available in late January
- Any questions should be directed to Price Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
February 4, 2015
Volunteer Driver Program Forum
- 9 AM to noon at the Plymouth Council on Aging in Plymouth, MA
- This forum is intended to bring together volunteer driver program coordinators, volunteer drivers, and anyone interested in starting a volunteer driver program. Attendees will have an opportunity to talk about risk & liability, volunteer recruitment, and driver training, and will also have time to network with peers from other volunteer driver programs.
- Please register for this event by sending your name, contact information, and organization (if applicable) to email@example.com
- Cosponsored by MassMobility, Old Colony Planning Council Area Agency on Aging, Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District, and Plymouth Council on Aging
- Registration fee: $45
- Register by February 17
- Presenters: Julie Rosekrans, ESPA Consulting and Robyn Bernardy, Medical Transportation Management
- 10 Steps to Starting a Travel Training Program will provide the steps essential to developing a successful travel training program. With rising costs of demand responsive transportation options including ADA Complementary Paratransit and medical transportation, training on how to use the fixed-route bus or rail option is in increasing demand. Starting a travel training program will assist in allowing persons with disabilities to travel on the least restrictive (and most often, least expensive) transit option, thus offering the highest level of independent mobility for people with disabilities and saving your agency/community funds allowing for additional services to be provided elsewhere. Julie Rosekrans will provide you, your agency and/or your community a step-by-step process to starting a travel training program that will increase the choices for independent travel of those with disabilities in your community. Robyn Bernardy will provide details on many start-up projects that have been completed by MTM.
March 2, 2015
MassDOT Community Transit Grant Program applications due
- Applicants are encouraged to submit applications before the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Any questions should be directed to Price Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 11, 2015
Transportation Camp New England 2015
- Following on the success of last year's Transportation Camp, TransportationCamp New England ’15 will continue to examine ways to build connections between disparate innovators in public administration, transportation planning, transportation operations, information design, and software engineering.
- Stay tuned for registration and location details
May 5, 2015
Statewide Transportation Coordination Meeting
- Marlborough, MA
- Regional Coordinating Council members, members of original transportation coordination teams, and others involved in transportation coordination in Massachusetts are invited
- Contact email@example.com for more information
May 31 - June 5, 2015
- 8:30 AM–4:00 PM at the University of Massachusetts Boston, Gerontology Institute, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston
- Creating a five-year plan to reduce crashes and improve older driver safe mobility across the Commonwealth
- Email UMassSafe@ecs.umass.edu to join the list of invitees
July 20, 2015
Tufts Health Plan Foundation - letters of inquiry due
- Grants in support of healthy aging
- Deadline for letters of inquiry in the Policy and Advocacy focus area
- Foundation President's Leadership Fund letters of inquiry can be submitted now or in the January funding cycle
- Learn more
August 12-14, 2015
Association of Travel Instruction annual conference
- The national ATI conference is coming to Massachusetts in 2015!
- It will be held at the Courtyard Boston Downtown, 275 Tremont Street
- More information from ATI
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.