This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
September 8 - December 12, 2014
- This online certificate program is appropriate for professionals in the field of aging services and transportation services interested in addressing senior transportation challenges and managing services that meet the mobility needs of an aging population.
- Instructors are Helen K. Kerschner and Nina M. Silverstein
September 18, 2014
Forum on Volunteer Driver Programs
- Pittsfield Council on Aging, 330 North Street, Pittsfield, MA
- 1-4 PM
- This forum is intended to bring together volunteer driver program coordinators, volunteer drivers, and anyone interested in starting a volunteer driver program. At this forum, attendees will have an opportunity to talk about risk & liability, volunteer recruitment, and driver training, and will also have time to network with peers from other volunteer driver programs.
- Please register for this event by sending your name, contact information, and organization (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Light refreshments will be served
- This event is co-sponsored by MassMobility, Elder Services of Berkshire County, and the Adams Council on Aging
- MassMobility is planning additional volunteer driver program forums in other regions. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more
- Sea Crest Hotel & Conference Center, Falmouth, MA
- Register here
- MassMobility will be presenting Wednesday morning on transportation coordination and Wednesday afternoon on older drivers
October 21-23, 2014
Workshop for Travel Training Practitioners
- Raynham, MA
- MassDOT has awarded funding to the Kennedy Center, a Connecticut-based organization serving people with disabilities, to offer a series of workshops on travel training for travel training practitioners in Massachusetts. The Kennedy Center provides travel training services for the state of Connecticut.
- Travel training is an intensive, individualized, one-on-one process to help someone gain the knowledge and skills they need to use transit independently and safely. Travel training is one type of travel instruction.
- This workshop is full, but there is a waiting list. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the form to sign up. In addition, another workshop will be offered in the future; dates and location are to be determined.
October 30, 2014
- MassDOT GreenDOT conference on mode shift and healthy transportation
- 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM
- Boston Park Plaza Hotel, 64 Arlington Street, Boston
- Register here
- MassMobility will be exhibiting
December 1-5, 2014
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week
- With increasing age come changes in physical, mental and sensory abilities that can challenge a person's continued ability to drive safely. But there are a variety of safe travel options for people of all ages.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.