This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
- Webinar from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- 2-3:30 PM
- This session will teach you about wayfinding and transportation connections, enabling you to help your community leaders make good choices for spending local dollars on signs and strategies to help you and others find the way to places in your community you would like to reach
- Register by August 4
August 19-21, 2014
Association of Travel Instruction conference
- Portland, OR
- Webinar from Transit Planning 4 All
- 2-3 PM
- Whether a coordination effort spans communities, geography, or organizations, there are policy and practice decisions that can be used to minimize any disruption that this diversity may cause. Speakers will identify potential obstacles and challenges and offer solutions for overcoming and preventing challenges. From their varying professional roles, speakers will address how to ensure the continued active engagement of people with disabilities and older adults in coordinated transportation planning.
- Register here
September 19, 2014
Statewide Coordinating Council on Community Transportation (SCCCT) quarterly meeting
- Details are available on the MassDOT calendar
December 1-5, 2014
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week
- With increasing age come changes in physical, mental and sensory abilities that can challenge a person's continued ability to drive safely. But there are a variety of safe travel options for people of all ages.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.