This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
Innovations in Accessible Mobility grant application deadline
- The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center is inviting applications for development of program innovations that increase accessible transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities and maximize the utilization of Section 5310 and other federal funding investments
- Grants of up to $50,000 each will be awarded to as many as six communities for a twelve month period
- Learn more and apply
STAR Award applications due
Innovation & Design Services: Creating Innovative Transportation Solutions Using Design Thinking Training
September 12 – December 16
Senior Transportation Options Certificate
- Offered by UMass Boston, in partnership with the Beverly Foundation Legacy
- This online certificate program is appropriate for professionals in the field of aging services and transportation services interested in addressing senior transportation challenges and managing services that meet the mobility needs of an aging population. The certificate emphasizes specialized transportation services for senior passengers as well as public and community transportation services, but also identifies and discusses the needs of older adult passengers.
- Register here
Massachusetts Clean Air Challenge
- Join MassDOT, MassRIDES, and MassCommute in celebrating the transportation alternatives that reduce emissions in the atmosphere, such as transit, walking, biking, and carpooling
- Sign up in the online NuRide system for a chance to win prizes
- Share your trips with #MACleanAir
- Boston Park Plaza Hotel, 50 Park Plaza, Boston
- 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
- MassDOT’s annual pedestrian, bicycling, and transit conference
- Register here
CEATI Travel Instruction Conference
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conference theme: “Takin' It to the Streets: Skills to Further Enhance Your Practice of Travel Instruction "
- Learn more and register
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.