This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
March 31-April 18, 2014
FTA Online Dialogue on Section 5310 Performance Measures
- FTA is seeking input on proposed performance measures for 5310 funding
- The purpose of this online dialogue is to get feedback on what performance measures can be used to best ensure a ride is accessible, available, affordable, and safe
- Section 5310 grant recipients and sub-grantees, Section 5310 service providers, national non-profit and community organizations, state and local agency officials and staff, advocates, and anyone with an interest in transportation service for people with disabilities and older adults are invited to participate
April 11, 2014
STAR AWARDS application closes
- The 2014 STAR Awards Application for volunteer driver programs opened on Thursday, March 20, and will close on Friday, April 11, 2014
- Awards will range from $2,500 to $10,000
- Applicants must include volunteer drivers in their delivery of transportation services
- The STAR Award program was initiated by the Beverly Foundation in 2000 to gather information about transportation programs that served senior passengers and to celebrate their excellence in service delivery. From 2000 through 2013, 143 STAR Awards totaling more than $1,000,000 were conveyed to 125 organizations in 47 states (and Puerto Rico). In late 2013, the STAR Award program was transferred to CTAA, Ride Connection, and the newly-organized National Volunteer Transportation Center.
- For more information, please contact email@example.com
April 17, 2014
Statewide transportation coordination teams meeting
- Semi-annual meeting of the transportation coordination teams plus Regional Coordinating Councils and other invited guests
- Natick, MA
- Contact us for more details
April 23, 2014
- Webinar from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Register by April 21
- Experts will discuss three industry models for program success with regard to training in urban, suburban, and rural areas. Participants will learn creative approaches for building partnerships, securing funding, conducting marketing and outreach to trainees and the community, and highlighting program successes.
May 9, 2014
Statewide Coordinating Council on Community Transportation (SCCCT) quarterly meeting
- Details available on the MassDOT calendar
May 12-June 20, 2014
Fundamentals of Travel Training Administration
- Online course from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- This free, six-week online course is designed to provide information pertinent to launching, operating, and maintaining a travel training program.
- Register by May 7
- North Adams, MA
- Apply by May 1
- Easter Seals Project ACTION will conduct a free, three-day, in-person workshop to increase the skills, knowledge and abilities of travel training professionals working in small urban and rural settings. It is an intensive course with classroom and field instruction.
June 8-13, 2014
Community Transportation EXPO
- St. Paul, MN
- Annual community and public transportation national conference from the Community Transportation Association of America
- Registration and schedule information
August 19-21, 2014
Association of Travel Instruction conference
- Portland, OR
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.