This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
September 12 – December 16
Senior Transportation Options Certificate
- Offered by UMass Boston, in partnership with the Beverly Foundation Legacy
- This online certificate program is appropriate for professionals in the field of aging services and transportation services interested in addressing senior transportation challenges and managing services that meet the mobility needs of an aging population. The certificate emphasizes specialized transportation services for senior passengers as well as public and community transportation services, but also identifies and discusses the needs of older adult passengers.
- Register here
CEATI Travel Instruction Conference
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conference theme: “Takin' It to the Streets: Skills to Further Enhance Your Practice of Travel Instruction "
- Learn more and register
Massachusetts Council on Aging Conference
- Falmouth, MA
- Preliminary schedule includes a number of transportation-related presentations, including one from MassMobility and MassDOT on Council on Aging coordination strategies and grant opportunities
Intermediate-Level Travel Training Workshop for Travel Trainers
- Offered by the Kennedy Center through funding from MassDOT
- Travel trainers who have been travel training for one year or who have previously attended the Kennedy Center’s three-day introductory workshop are eligible
- The session is full but you can join the waitlist
- This workshop will be offered again in spring 2017
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.