This calendar lists upcoming meetings, events, and funding opportunities that may be of interest to mobility managers and others who work with human service transportation in Massachusetts. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by the Human Service Transportation Office.
If you know of any meetings, events, or funding opportunities that are not listed below, please tell us about them.
September 12 – December 16
Senior Transportation Options Certificate
- Offered by UMass Boston, in partnership with the Beverly Foundation Legacy
- This online certificate program is appropriate for professionals in the field of aging services and transportation services interested in addressing senior transportation challenges and managing services that meet the mobility needs of an aging population. The certificate emphasizes specialized transportation services for senior passengers as well as public and community transportation services, but also identifies and discusses the needs of older adult passengers.
- Register here
Massachusetts Clean Air Challenge
- Join MassDOT, MassRIDES, and MassCommute in celebrating the transportation alternatives that reduce emissions in the atmosphere, such as transit, walking, biking, and carpooling
- Sign up in the online NuRide system for a chance to win prizes
- Share your trips with #MACleanAir
- Boston Park Plaza Hotel, 50 Park Plaza, Boston
- 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
- MassDOT’s annual pedestrian, bicycling, and transit conference
- Register here
White Cane Day
- 10 AM-noon
- Great Hall of Flags, State House, Boston MA
- White cane and guide dog users, their family and friends, Orientation & Mobility Specialists, vision professionals, and others are invited to celebrate and raise White Cane Awareness
- For more information, contact the Orientation and Mobility Department at the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind: (617) 626-7581
CEATI Travel Instruction Conference
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conference theme: “Takin' It to the Streets: Skills to Further Enhance Your Practice of Travel Instruction "
- Learn more and register
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.