Car Ownership Programs
If you need a car but have trouble affording the cost or have low credit, you may be eligible for assistance from a program:
- Good News Garage – provides refurbished, donated vehicles to eligible Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission consumers who otherwise could not afford to purchase their own. This program is run through a partnership between the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and Lutheran Social Services. Also accepts donations of vehicles.
- For general information about car loans and car ownership programs, visit Working Cars for Working Families.
Carsharing is an option for people who need to drive sometimes, but not regularly enough to justify owning a car. Carshare members can rent cars by the hour or by the day. Carsharing companies operating in Massachusetts include:
- Enterprise CarShare
- Hertz on Demand
- Relay Rides, which also allows car owners to make money by renting their own cars to neighbors
- Adaptive driving for people with disabilities
- Mature drivers and safety resources
- Training for professional drivers
Find a Ride
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office