Human service agency staff are very familiar with the transportation barriers that consumers face. The links below can help you assist your consumers, increase transportation options through partnerships, and use your agency’s transportation resources efficiently.
Help your consumers find rides
Increase Transportation Options
Besides directly helping your consumers arrange trips, community agencies can do many things to help improve mobility:
- Partner with others on coordination efforts
- Get involved in mobility management efforts
- Service planning and transportation
Implement Best Practices
- Share vehicles
- Develop a volunteer driver program
- Offer travel instruction
- Transportation directories, service inventories, and trip planners
Tools and Resources
- Key terminology
- Funding opportunities
- Workforce development and transportation
- Strategies for finding transportation from the State Employment Leadership Network and from Work Without Limits – focus on employment transportation for people with disabilities
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.