Transportation providers play a critical role in the Massachusetts community transportation system. Public, private, and non-profit transportation providers connect people to their jobs, healthcare appointments, loved ones, and community activities every day.
Growth through Partnership
Partnering with others can increase your visibility and your ridership, while helping build the capacity of the transportation system in your region.
- Learn about opportunities to partner
- Coordinate with other transportation services
- Contact us at email@example.com to learn more or get involved
Profile of a Transportation Provider
- A transportation provider in the Worcester area has increased its ridership by getting involved in community initiatives. Read more about READYBUS
Safety and Training Resources
Driver training is critical to ensuring safety and high quality service.
- Massachusetts Rural Transit Assistance Program (MArtap) – training programs focus on rural transportation providers. Offered to all paratransit services throughout Massachusetts. Most programs offered at no charge, based on funding
- Driver Skills Development Programs are certified by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles and offer advanced driver training in accident avoidance techniques
- Passenger safety resources from the Injury Prevention and Control Program of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – information on safety research, vehicle and equipment recalls, and occupant protection systems including child safety seats
- National Transit Institute
- Transportation Safety Institute
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) – information on regulations, safety publications
This information is provided by Human Service Transportation Office.