As troops return to the Commonwealth from active duty, many struggle to find jobs. Governor Patrick’s administration has urged employers across the state to hire veterans. We encourage you to recruit veterans for any job openings you may have in the coming year.
- Veterans hiring toolkit for employers – guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor on recruiting veterans to your workplace
- More information is available through the state’s Department of Veterans’ Services
- In addition, the Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development offers resources to help employers recruit veterans and other target populations
- Veterans' Service Officers (VSO) are also a good resource. Every city and town in Massachusetts has a VSO to help veterans learn about, apply for, and receive benefits for themselves and their dependents.
- The New England Center for Homeless Veterans offers a commercial drivers license (class B) training course for veterans.
The Hiring Incentive Training Grant Program of the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund provides cash grants to employers to hire Massachusetts residents who are military veterans. Read more here about who is eligible and how to apply.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.