As troops return to the Commonwealth from active duty, many struggle to find jobs. We encourage you to recruit veterans for any job openings you may have in the coming year.
- Veterans hiring toolkit for employers – guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor on recruiting veterans to your workplace
- More information is available through the state’s Department of Veterans’ Services
- In addition, the Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development offers resources to help employers recruit veterans and other target populations
- Veterans' Service Officers (VSO) are also a good resource. Every city and town in Massachusetts has a VSO to help veterans learn about, apply for, and receive benefits for themselves and their dependents.
- The New England Center for Homeless Veterans offers a commercial drivers license (class B) training course for veterans.
This information is provided by the EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office