Massachusetts has been awarded more than $44 million from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to advance the Commonwealth’s nation-leading health care cost containment efforts. Massachusetts was one of six states to receive funding under the Affordable Care Act’s State Innovation Models Initiative. The award will be used to:
- Support public and private payers in transitioning to integrated care systems;
- Enhance data infrastructure for care coordination and accountability;
- Advance a statewide quality strategy;
- Integrate primary care with public health and other services; and
- Create measures and processes for evaluating and disseminating best practices.