The Virtual Gateway is an internet portal designed by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services to provide the general public, medical providers, community-based organizations and EOHHS staff with online access to health and human services. By consolidating information and online services in a single location on the internet, the Virtual Gateway simplifies the process of connecting people to critical health and human services programs and information.
Today, over 23,000 individuals representing more than 1,600 organizations use the Virtual Gateway to conduct business with agencies within EOHHS.
A few examples of the many activities that Virtual Gateway users can perform include:
- Submit an Application for Multiple Programs in One Step: Apply for a number of human service programs, including MassHealth and food stamps, using a single, integrated online application
- Manage Service Programs: Manage services for children, seniors, veterans, homeless, and disabled persons who are aided by departments within EOHHS.
- Submit Bills and Service Records: Complete and submit service delivery reports and invoices through a single front door to EOHHS agencies.
The Virtual Gateway has driven ongoing improvement in its capacity to serve the public efficiently. Since its launch in 2004, it has:
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to apply for services and receive an eligibility determination
- Expedited half a million applications for services from individuals and families
- Improved case management and service delivery for some of our most vulnerable citizens
- Reduced the amount of time it takes for EOHHS to pay contracted service providers
The Virtual Gateway has been recognized for outstanding achievements in both government and technology innovations. In recent years, the Virtual Gateway received the Computerworld 2005 Honors Laureate and the National Electronic Commerce Coordinating Council's 2007 Award for Excellence in Administrative and Financial Transformation.
This information is provided by the Virtual Gateway within Health and Human Services.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.