These "mandated reports" include, but are not limited to, the following:
- disciplinary action" reports by health care facilities (M.G.L. c.111, §§ 53B and 203, 243 CMR 2.07 (17) and 3.13);
- disciplinary action" reports by professional medical associations or organizations (M.G.L. c. 112, §5B);
- allegations of physician misconduct by health care providers, referred to as "peer reports" (M.G.L. c. 112, §5F);
- allegations of physician misconduct by government agencies and other governmental entities (including their officers or employees) who have oversight of medical or health services (M.G.L. c. 112, §5D);
- "closed claim" reports by medical malpractice insurers (M.G.L. c. 112, §5C);
- court reports of medical malpractice matters (M.G.L. c. 231, §60B); and
- court reports of criminal convictions (M.G.L. c. 221, §26).
This section contains links to instructions and forms for submitting certain of these mandated reports to the Board.
This information is provided by the Board of Registration in Medicine.