Beginning in May 2008, Massachusetts taxpayers will begin to receive their economic stimulus payment from the federal government and it can mean hundreds of dollars for you and your family. Eligible individuals could receive a maximum payment of $600 dollars. Married couples filing jointly could receive up to $1,200 dollars and each individual child could qualify for up to $300 dollars.

Your payment from the government will not be taxed by the federal government and it will not have to be paid back.

How do you make sure you receive an economic stimulus payment? Make sure you have a social security number and that you file a 2007 federal income tax return. It's that easy!

Please note that if you do not ordinarily have to file a tax return to the IRS, you must do so this year in order to receive this stimulus payment.