Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Form (51A Report)
If you need to report potential or actual child abuse or neglect, please complete and send this two-page reporting form to any of the Department of Children and Families offices located through Massachusetts. Reports may also be made orally by calling the DCF Child-at-Risk 24-hour Hotline at 1-(800)-792-5200. Please note that even if you have reported orally by telephone or in person, it is necessary to complete and send this written form to the DCF within 48 hours of making your oral report.
- Report of Child(ren) Alleged to be Suffering from Serious Physical or Emotional Injury by Abuse or Neglect
Child Protective Services: A Family's Guide
This Guide explains the role of the Department of Children and Families' social workers and other staff who team together to serve you and your family. The Guide also explains why an investigation may be taking place, a family's options and rights during the investigation, the potential outcomes of an investigation, as well as other related procedures and rights involving the Family Assessment, fair hearings, and the grievance process.
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (English) file size 1MB
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (Haitian Creole) file size 1MB
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (Khmer) file size 1MB
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (Portuguese) file size 1MB
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (Russian) file size 1MB
- A Family's Guide to Protective Services for Children (Spanish) file size 1MB file size 1MB
Child Welfare and Domestic Violence: Promising Approaches Publication
This publication provides a framework for mandated reporters to; create family centered approaches when domestic violence is identified, offer guidance to assist mandated reporters in considering the impact domestic violence has on children, identify the most helpful interventions and assess if/when child welfare should be involved.
This information is provided by the Department of Children and Families.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.