The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families has children of all ages in foster care, from infants to older adolescents and from all ethnic and economic backgrounds. Foster parents are especially needed for:
- Older children and teenagers.
- Children with special needs.These special needs may be developmental, educational and/or emotional.
- Medically involved children.
- Drug-affected infants.
- Sibling groups.
- Linguistic and ethnic minorities.
- Foster parents are needed for African American, Latino and Asian children and for children who speak Spanish, Portuguese, Laotian,Vietnamese or Cambodian.
This information is provided by the Department of Children and Families.