Health and Human Services Secretary JudyAnn Bigby, M.D., appointed an independent 15-member Inpatient Study Commission to evaluate the Department of Mental Health (DMH) inpatient system; determine an appropriate inpatient capacity for DMH facilities; and recommend a plan to the Administration for consideration.
Led by Co-chairpersons James T. Brett and Marylou Sudders. Commission members completed their charge by holding public hearings across the state, reviewing numerous documents, data and hundreds of pages of testimony, and efficiently and expeditiously deliberated to produce this comprehensive report. The Commission's Report and Recommendations were submitted on June 30, 2009.
The recommendations are under review by DMH Commissioner Barbara Leadholm, Secretary Bigby and Governor Deval Patrick. In the coming weeks and months, the Administration will make decisions regarding the recommendations.
DMH Inpatient Study Commission Final Report and Recommendations
- Commission Scope and Purpose 5-13-09 (RTF)
- DMH Inpatient Study Commission Contact Info (RTF)
- Revised Inpatient Commission Schedule_6-1-09 (RTF)
Data and Information
- Census 5-4-09 (XLS)
- Bed Utilization by Legal Status (XLS)
- Revised 2009 Projected DMH Inpatient Expenditures (XLS)
- DMH 2008 Cost Report (XLS)
- DMH FY 2008 Facility Revenue (XLS)
- DMH Ref Agency Admit (RTF) file size 1MB
- Referral Diversions (RTF) file size 1MB
- Total Inpatient Waitlist (RTF) file size 1MB
- DMH Inpatient Waitlist Days (RTF) file size 1MB
- LOS HOSP Report (RTF) file size 1MB
- LOSCMHC Report (RTF) file size 1MB
- Barriers to Discharge Summary (XLS)
- Barriers to Discharge Coding System (RTF)
- Description of Services 5.13.09 (RTF)
- Adult Community Based Enrollments (XLS)
- New Hospital 5-12-09 (RTF)
- Medfield State Hospital Closure (PDF) file size 7MB
- 122 Client Status (PDF)
- DMH Fact Sheets Summary Inpatient Facilities (XLS)
- DMH Licensed Hospitals (RTF)
- Medfield State Hospital Update 6-9-09 (PDF)
- Statewide Referrals Summary from Acute and General Hospitals to DMH Continuing Care (PDF)
- Admissions to DMH Facilities by Acute and General Hospitals Cal YR 2008 (XLS)
- Average Median Costs of DMH Adult Community Based Services (PDF)
- Section 18 Referrals from Correctional Facilities and Bridgewater Step Downs 6-24-09 (XLS) )
- Revised Bridgewater Step Down (XLS)
- Public Hearings Announcement (RTF)
- DMH Inpatient Study Commission Hand-Out (RTF)
- Submitted Written Testimony Boston Hearing (PDF)
- Submitted Written Testimony Worcester Hearing (PDF)
- Submitted Written Testimony Brockton Hearing (PDF) file size 1MB
- Submitted Written Testimony Holyoke Hearing (PDF)
- Submitted Written Testimony Haverhill Hearing (PDF)
- Submitted Written Comments by Email (PDF)
- Letter from Chief Justice Lynda M. Connolly (PDF)
- AFSCME Recommendations (PDF)
- Delman Testimony (PDF)
- MBHP Comments (PDF) file size 1MB
- NAMI (PDF)
file size 12MB
- Meeting Minutes for Boston Hearing (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes for Worcester Hearing (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes for Brockton Hearing (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes for Holyoke Hearing (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes for Haverhill Hearing (PDF)
This information is from
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.