The Department of Mental Health receives Mental Health Block Grant funds each year from the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for community mental health services. The application for the Block Grant consists of two parts.
Part I, the annual State Mental Health Plan, is due to the Center for Mental Health Services in September of each year. The State Plan presents an overview of the public mental health system, available services, strengths and weaknesses, unmet needs, and the state's priorities for the 2-year plan cycle. It also identifies goals, strategies and quantitative targets for each year. The Department is submitting a 2-year plan for SFY 2012-13 on September 1, 2011.
Part II, the Implementation Report on the previous year's plan, is due in December of each year. This report includes a narrative description of the state's achievements related to the previous year's plan. It also includes data on the goals and targets established in the plan.
For more information about the Mental Health Block Grant and State Mental Health Plan, or to submit written comments, please contact:Beth Lucas
Department of Mental Health
25 Staniford Street Boston, MA 02114
Fax: 617-626-8330 E-mail: Beth.Lucas@state.ma.us
SFY2012-2014 State Mental Health Plan
- SFY2012 - 2014 State Mental Health Plan file size 5MB file size 10MB
SFY2009-2011 State Mental Health Plan
- SFY2009-2011 State Mental Health Plan (PDF) file size 2MB file size 5MB
- SFY2009 State Plan Modification, November 2008 (PDF)
- SFY2009 Mid-Year State Plan Modification, June 2009 (PDF)
- SFY2010 State Plan Update, August 2009
- SFY2011 State Mental Health Plan (PDF) file size 3MB file size 15MB
- SFY2008 Implementation Report (PDF) file size 1MB file size 3MB
- SFY2009 Implementation Report file size 1MB file size 9MB
- SFY2011 Implementation Report file size 1MB file size 6MB
This information is provided by the Department of Mental Health
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.