The Health and Disability Program (HDP) produces reports, fact sheets and other publications relevant to the health of people with disabilities in Massachusetts.
Plan for Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities, July 2015-June 2018
- Strategic Plan Plan for Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities, July 2015-June 2018 - This is the three-year strategic plan for promoting and improving the health of people with disabilities in Massachusetts.
- Health Needs Assessment of People with Disabilities in Massachusetts, 2013, Executive Summary
- Health Needs Assessment of People with Disabilities in Massachusetts, 2013 file size 2MB file size 2MB – This report provides in-depth information on the health needs of people with disabilities and their care providers through both numerical data and interviews.
- A Profile of Health Among Persons with Disabilities in Massachusetts, 2008-2011 file size 1MB file size 3MB – This report contains data on the health of people with disabilities and health disparities between people with and without disabilities.
Publications and Fact Sheets
- Accessible Print Materials file size 1MB : Formatting Guidelines to Accommodate All Audiences – These guidelines ensure that print materials provide information to audiences with and without disabilities, and have been incorporated into Department of Public Health communications policies.
- Planning Accessible Meetings and Events : Guidelines to Accommodate All Participants – These guidelines promote inclusion in conferences, meetings and events, and have been incorporated into Department of Public Health communications policies.
- Massachusetts Facility Assessment Tool (MFAT), 2009 file size 4MB file size 3MB – The MFAT is used to assess the physical accessibility of medical and other types of facilities in Massachusetts, and is part of the Department of Public Health’s requirements for its vendors.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Contractor Guidelines for Required ADA Compliance – The Department of Public Health requires vendors contracting with the Department to follow these guidelines.
- Promoting Physical Activity Among People with Disabilities in Massachusetts – This fact sheet contains data and resources for ensuring that people of all abilities have access to opportunities for physical activity.
- Facts on Smoking among People with Disabilities in Massachusetts – This fact sheet contains data and resources on smoking and the disparities in smoking rates between people with and without disabilities.
- Office of Health Equity
- Office of Data Management and Outcomes Assessment
- Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Initiative