- HHS Office for Civil Rights - HIPAA: Medical Privacy - National Standards to Protect the Privacy of Personal Health Information
- OCR Privacy Brief: Summary of The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Is a Person, Business, or Agency a Covered Health Care Provider (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
Public Health Oversight and Surveillance
- HIPAA Privacy Rule and Public Health: Guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (MMWR Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Apr. 11, 2003
- Memo from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS): Review of Protected Health Information and Applicability of Business Associate Agreements Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for the Purposes of Survey and Certification(dated 3/14/03) (PDF)
- MDPH Memo on Disclosures and Uses of Protected Health Information for Public Health Purposes (dated 12/16/02, revised 8/29/03) (Word)
- Letter from U.S. CDC regarding grant of authority to the American Association of Poison Control Centers for public health surveillance (US CDC Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, dated 12/19/02) (PDF)
- MDPH memo to local boards of health regarding Surveillance and Confidentiality (dated 5/9/03)(Word)
- MDPH memo to Hospitals, Clinics, Health Care Facilities and Clinical Laboratories: Authorization for Access to Medical Records by MDPH for Purposes of Disease Control and Prevention (dated 5/9/03) (Word)
- HHS Office of Civil Rights
- Massachusetts Health Data Consortium
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.