- In Massachusetts, 73.7% of adults and 66.2% of children with current asthma were classified as having not well controlled or very poorly controlled asthma on average from 2006-2010.
- Among adults with very poorly controlled asthma, 40.7% reported cost was a barrier to care.
- Approximately 24.4% of adults with current asthma were unable to work for at least one day during the past twelve months due to asthma.
- 41.1% of children with current asthma were unable to go to school or daycare for at least one day during the past twelve months due to asthma.
Figure 1 Level of Control among Massachusetts Children with Current Asthma, 2006-2010
- CY2006-2010 MA Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) Asthma Call-back Survey