The Injury Prevention and Control Program's data staff, in conjunction with the Department's Injury Surveillance , participate in the ongoing collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of data on injuries in Massachusetts. As part of this work, epidemiologists also work to evaluate, improve and expand the existing MA injury data infrastructure. The data generated are used to inform the development and evaluation of injury prevention programs and policies, and in the development of materials and reports, which are dissemination to injury prevention practitioners and the general public.
Examples of Mass. injury data sources include:
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)
- Death certificate data from the Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
- Health Survey Program
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
- The Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Massachusetts Violent Death Reporting System
- Weapon Related Injury Surveillance System (WRISS)
- National Occupant Use Survey
- The Mass. Child Fatality Review Team Database
- Massachusetts Ambulance Trip Record Information System (MATRIS)
- The Mass. Trauma Registry
Injury Prevention and Control Program staff also conduct evaluations of focused injury prevention projects. For more information or to request data, please contact the Injury Prevention and Control Program at 617-624-5466.
This information is provided by the Injury Prevention and Control Program within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.