- In 2005, there were 79 pedestrian deaths among MA residents and in FY 2005 there was a combined total of 4,713 inpatient hospitalizations, observation stays and emergency department visits for nonfatal pedestrian-related injuries.
- In 2005, there were 6 bicycle deaths among MA residents and in FY 2005 there was a combined total of 9,110 inpatient hospitalizations, observation stays and emergency department visits for nonfatal bicycle-related injuries.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (bicycles)
- Highway Traffic Safety Administration (pedestrians)
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center (PBIC)
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute
- Bicycle Helmet Resource Center
To learn more about transportation safety, please contact us.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.