Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Certification Training Program
Thank you for your interest in the MA Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Certification Training Program. The MA SANE Program is a program of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and provides 24/7 emergency forensic nursing services across the Commonwealth. MA SANE service delivery is currently organized into 6 geographical regions. The program welcomes Massachusetts registered nurses with a minimum of 3 years nursing experience preferably in emergency department, women's health, or advanced practice nursing to apply for training and certification as a MA Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE). A working background or knowledge of violence against women, sexual assault, and domestic violence issues is also preferable.
- This intensive innovative training model will consist of lectures, independent reading and hands-on training.
- Candidates will be certified as MA SANEs and work on-call providing care to adolescent (12 years and older) and adult sexual assault patients.
- Candidates must successfully pass the written exam to obtain contact hours and attend all days of the training.
- The fee for this training includes clinical lab fees and other required training materials.
The three references to be submitted with your application should have personal knowledge of your current clinical abilities, your character and your ability to work in collaboration with others including your most recent immediate supervisor and 2 recent additional employment references. Reference from subordinates will not be accepted. At least two of the references must be registered nurses.
2017 Spring Training Dates
- Wednesday, 4/12/17 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday, 4/14/17 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, 4/19/17 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday, 4/21/1 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Monday, 4/24/17 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, 4/26/17 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Exam date – 5/4/17
Exam will be held regionally and location to be determined.
$400 includes 40 contact hours, clinical lab fee and daily lunch
Deadline for application
March 12, 2017
UMass Medical School
Albert Sherman Building
Interprofessional Center for Experiential Learning & Simulation
55 Lake Avenue North
For additional information or questions, please contact: LaToya Brown at Latoya.Brown2@MassMail.State.MA.US
Applications also can be downloaded below.