Friendly URL: www.mass.gov/dph/healthyaging
Please use this link to return to this page in the future.
The Health and Disability Program (HDP) promotes the health and well-being of people with disabilities across the lifespan in Massachusetts.
HDP coordinates and supports program and policy development that assures access to quality healthcare. HDP provides opportunities for people with disabilities to learn about and manage their health. Activities essential to the program's mission are:
- Supporting the availability and accessibility of quality health promotion opportunities for people with disabilities across the lifespan.
- Collecting and disseminating data related to disability in Massachusetts.
- Improving accessibility and quality of health services, activities, and programs for people with disabilities.
Health and Disability Program Activities
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Coordination: provides technical assistance to promote compliance of health programs with the ADA and other disability-related non-discrimination laws.
- Data Collection and Research: provides the knowledge base needed to design programs related to health and disability, and secondary health conditions.
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: works with state agencies and community partners to identify, implement, and evaluate evidence-based health promotion programs among people with disabilities.
- Education: provides materials and information on health promotion and disease prevention related to health needs and concerns of people with disabilities.
- Technical Assistance and Training: designs and implements training and technical assistance for healthcare providers and public health programs on the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure inclusion of persons with disabilities in state-funded programs, services, and activities.
- Policy, Systems Development, and Planning: supports the development of policies, systems, and resources to improve access to quality healthcare for people with disabilities.
250 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02108