The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) provides leadership across the state in the areas of Heart Disease, Stroke, and related risk factors.
MDPH provides educational resources and quality improvement, and promotes evidence-based changes at the policy and environmental levels to reduce disparities, disease, disability and death.
- Stroke Heroes Act FAST (.wmv) file size 29MB
- Spanish version: Stroke Heroes Act FAST (.wmv) file size 30MB
- Portuguese version: Stroke Heroes Act FAST (.wmv) file size 32MB
- Khmer version: Stroke Heroes Act FAST (.wmv) file size 119MB
- Compare Labels. Choose Less Sodium PSA file size 2MB (15 seconds)
- Compare Labels. Choose Less Sodium PSA - Spanish file size 2MB (15 seconds)
- Compare Labels. Choose Less Sodium PSA - Portuguese file size 2MB (15 seconds)
- Get Your Blood Pressure Checked - English
- Get Your Blood Pressure Checked - Spanish
- Get Your Blood Pressure Checked - Portuguese
- Take Your Blood Pressure Meds - English
- Take Your Blood Pressure Meds - Spanish
- Take Your Blood Pressure Meds - Portuguese
Programs and Initiatives
- Massachusetts Partnership for Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Pre-Hospital, 9-1-1 and EMS Support
- Stroke Hospital Quality Improvement (Coverdell/SCORE)
- Stroke Signs and Symptoms/Stroke Heroes Act FAST
- Basic Facts about Heart Disease
- Basic Facts about High Blood Pressure
- Basic Facts about Stroke
To learn more about your personal chronic disease risk or for management strategies please contact your healthcare provider. For the most current information on chronic disease please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute also provides helpful information on the signs of heart attack:
- Heart Attack Symptoms Wallet Card
- Don't Take a Chance with a Heart Attack: Know the Facts and Act Fast (4-page fact sheet)
- Learn What a Heart Attack Feels Like — It Could Save Your Life (2-page fact sheet)
Bureau of Community Health Access and Promotion
250 Washington Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.