The Mass in Motion Working on Wellness Program
Employers are in a unique position to help employees improve health status by creating a work environment that encourages employees to be healthy while at work. By focusing on health and well-being, employees engage in healthy behaviors, which can reduce the impact of chronic conditions and create a happier, more productive workplace.
The MA Department of Public Health (DPH) works with employers through Mass in Motion to develop an infrastructure that best addresses the needs of individual employers and employees.
As part of the Working on Wellness Program, employers receive:
- An evidence-based toolkit that contains a 7 step planning process:
- Obtaining a Mandate for Wellness
- Composing a Wellness Team
- Assessing health status, needs and interests
- Formulating goals and objectives
- Developing an action plan
- Plan approval
- Plan implementation
- 4 Training sessions using the toolkit as the basis for the training
- Monthly conference calls with experts in the field leading discussions on such topics as program evaluation, making policy changes, etc.
- Technical assistance conference calls with a worksite wellness expert
- Participation in evaluation
Download the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Worksite Wellness Toolkit file size 3MB file size 2MB . It will provide you with everything you need to get started.
For more information on the Working on Wellness Program, contact MassinMotion@state.ma.us.
This information is provided by the Department of Public Health.