- Community Water Fluoridation Fact Sheet (PDF) file size 8MB
- Benefits of Drinking Tap Water
- Dental Sealant Fact Sheet (PDF) file size 1MB
- Denture Care Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Diabetes and Oral Health Fact Sheet (PDF)
- General Oral Health Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Medication Use and Oral Health Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Mouth Guards and Oral Health Safety (PDF)
- Older Adults and Dental Health Fact Sheet (PDF) file size 5MB
- Piercings and Oral Health (PDF) file size 1MB
- Pregnancy and Oral Health Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Preventing Tooth Decay and Toothbrushing (PDF)
- Tobacco and Oral Health (PDF)
- Adapting a Toothbrush
- Affordable Care Act and Oral Health
- What is Xerostomia?
Massachusetts Community Health Center Dental Programs
This Directory has been developed to help improve access for residents of the state who may have difficulty obtaining dental services.
- Directory (PDF 1MB) file size 1MB file size 7MB
Implementing A Tooth Brushing Program in the Child Care Setting
This guide has been developed for child care workers with the objectives to:
- Understand the problem of dental disease in children;
- Understand the cause of tooth decay and how to prevent it;
- Understand the new Department of Early Education and Care Regulations regarding tooth brushing in the child care setting; and
- Learn strategies to effectively implement a tooth brushing program in a child care setting.
For specific questions about Regulation 606 CMR 7.11(11)(d), contact the Department of Early Education and Care .
To request this guidance in Spanish, email Oral.Health@state.ma.us
Growing Healthy Smiles in the Child Care Setting (PDF) file size 8MB
Oral Health Information/Anticipatory Guidance
If you would like to receive any of these anticipatory guidance topics in Spanish, please contact the Office of Oral Heath at 617-624-6074 or Lynn.Bethel@state.ma.us
- How Does Cleaning My Teeth and Gums Help My Child? (PDF)
- Why Should I Clean My Baby's Teeth? (PDF)
- Healthy Behaviors to Keep Your Baby's Teeth Healthy (PDF)
- Fluoride: The Foundation For Preventing Cavities (PDF)
- Your Child's Medication and Their Teeth (PDF)
- Spots… What Spots?
- Are You What You Eat? (PDF)
- Visiting a Dental Office (PDF)
Oral Health Information-Deaf and Hard of Hearing
This resource was developed in collaboration with DEAF, Inc.
This information is provided by the Oral Health within the Department of Public Health.