The mission of the Office of Youth and Adolescent Development (OAHYD) is:
- To implement strategies to enhance the overall health of youth, adolescents and young adults, ages 10 to 24
- To promote services and policies that are formed from a holistic youth development approach
- To create partnerships with state, federal, foundation, academic and statewide organizations across a broad range of adolescent health issues
In FY10, the Office of Adolescent Health and Youth Development, in partnership with the Governor's Statewide Youth Council hosted the biannual Connecting for Change statewide youth summit serving over 600 young people and 100 adult allies.
What We Do
- OAHYD supports linkages with health care providers, policy and program developers, youth, families, state agencies and community networks.
- OAHYD works to ensure that youth are recognized as valuable and integral resources in the development of all health-related programs and policies.
- OAHYD promotes increased awareness and public support for the unique contributions youth can and do make to healthy communities.
- Massachusetts Pregnant and Parenting Teen Initiative (MPPTI)
- Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program
This program is a part of the Division of Health Access .
Craig S. Andrade, LATC, RN, DrPH
Director, Office of Adolescent Health
Office of Adolescent Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
250 Washington Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.