Family Planning Programs are funded to provide the following low or no cost services to low-income residents in MA. For more information about how to access these services, you may:
- contact your local MDPH-funded Family Planning Program
- visit www.mariatalks.com/find-services or http://bedsider.org/where_to_get_it to search by zip code for a local family planning provider.
Clinical Services May Include
- Counseling and education on sexual communication and healthy relationships, reproductive life planning, reproductive anatomy and physiology, fertility, and all of the following services provided
- complete gynecological and breast exams
- cervical cancer screening and follow-up
- diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- emergency contraception
- birth control
- pregnancy testing and options counseling
- follow-up and referral for identified medical problems
- preconception care
- HIV counseling and testing, on-site at some agencies and by referral at others
- HPV and other vaccinations, on-site at some agencies and by referral at others
Education, Technical Assistance and Outreach Services May Include
- classes or workshops on reproductive health, sexuality, and STD and HIV prevention
- training and resources for parents, teachers, health care providers and other professionals
- participation in community health fairs, events and media campaigns
- participation in community coalitions
- collaboration with other organizations serving high-risk populations
Clinical Wraparound Services May Include
- translation assistance
- transportation assistance
- other services that improve client access to clinical services
Contact your local MDPH-funded Family Planning Program to find out which services are available in your community.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.