Pandemic Flu Planning
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health flu site has information on seasonal, avian, and pandemic flu, and resources for pandemic planning: www.mass.gov/dph/flu
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has updated information on pandemic (H1N1) 2009 flu and frequently asked questions on their website: www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html.
- Additional resources, including "questions and answers" regarding avian and pandemic flu: http://pandemicflu.gov/
- Connect and Serve is a website for local nonprofit, governmental agencies, schools, cities and towns to post volunteer opportunities:
- Massachusetts System for Advance Registration (MSAR) of Volunteer Health Professionals is a statewide, secure database of pre-credentialed health care professionals who are interested in volunteering their services in the event of a public health emergency:
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a national system that brings together people who have health care skills as well as volunteer citizens:
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Providers
- Faith-Based and Other Community Organizations
- Individuals and Families
- Local Government
- State Agencies
This information is provided by the Department of Public Health.