- Effective June 30, 2005, new regulations pertaining to Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) requests will be implemented and certified agencies are expected to incorporate the requirements of these regulations into their CORI business processes immediately.
- In accordance with MGL c. 111, s. 219 (effective October 28, 2004) and 105 CMR 221.000: Promoting Awareness of Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine, the April 2008 DPH fact sheet "Meningococcal Disease and CampAttendees: Commonly Asked Questions" is required to be distributed to all parents or guardians of children in youth camps.
- The 2007 brochure (Information about Recreational Camps in Massachusetts: Questions and Answers for Parents) will help parents make informative decisions when choosing a camp for their children
The following table includes applications, forms, memos to the local boards of health, and guidelines on recreational camps.
- Christian's Law (MGL c. 111, §127A½) Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Immunizations for Children Attending Camp - 2015
- CDC Mumps Alert for Camps
- Influenza Advisory for Camps, May 2010
- Memorandum to Massachusetts Local Boards of Health regarding Recreational Camps for Children Brochure and other Related Recreational Camp Material - June 8, 2009
- Camp Professionals: What You Need to Know about the Flu
- Extreme Heat Prevention Guide
- Advisory to All Municipal Boards of Health and Recreation Departments - Clarification of Recreational Camp Licensing Exemption for Programs
- Application for a License to Conduct a Recreational Camp for Children
- Boards of Health License Fees for Recreational Camps for Children
- Boards of Health Reporting Form for Recreational Camps for Children
- Camp Information Update (2001)
- Camp Regulations
- Camper Injury Report
- Fire Prevention Inspection/Fire Drill Checklist for Camps
- Guidance Documents for Developing Required Written Plans for Camps
- Guidelines for the Storage and Administration of Meds in Camps (Revised November 2003)
- Health Care Consultant Agreement
- Heat Related Illness Prevention and Treatment at Recreational Camps for Children
- Information about Recreational Camps in Massachusetts: Questions and Answers for Parents
- Inspection Form - Recreational Camp for Children
- May 2003 Memo to Local Boards of Health (LBOHs)regarding Recreational Camps for Children
- Memo to Boards of Health and Code Enforcement Agencies Medication at Recreational Camps for Children (July 3, 2002)
- Parent Authorization to Administer Medications to a Camper
- Policy Statement Regarding Background Information Checks for Staff and Volunteers at Recreational Camps for Children (March 12, 2003)
- Sample Daily Log for Medication Administration
- Sample Health Care Consultant Acknowledgment of On-Site Medication
- Local boards of health are required to notify DPH annually of licensed recreational camps for children pursuant to 105 CMR 430.632.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.