The MDPH/BEH conducted an assessment of health impacts of Logan Airport on residents of seventeen communities located within a 5 mile radius of the airport in response to a legislative directive. With input from key stakeholders, including residents and local health departments, and from experts in the fields of epidemiology, risk assessment, survey design and administration, and air pollution modeling, the MDPH/BEH designed and conducted a cross-sectional disease and symptom prevalence study. The purpose of the study was to investigate associations between potential exposure to airport emissions and adverse respiratory, cardiovascular, and auditory health outcomes among residents of seventeen communities surrounding Logan Airport.
- Logan Airport Health Study Presentation - May 28, 2014 file size 1MB
A copy of the Logan Airport Health Study, Logan Airport Health Study Appendices may be downloaded by selecting the following links:
- Logan Airport Health Study (English) file size 4MB
- Logan Airport Health Study Appendices (English) file size 1MB
In addition, translations in Spanish and Portuguese of the Executive Summary of the Logan Airport Health and the Questions and Answers (Q&A) may be downloaded are also available below:
- Executive Summary of the Logan Airport Health Study (English)
- Estudio de Salud del Aeroporto Logan - Resumo Ejecutivo (Spanish)
- Estudo de Saúde do Aeroporto de Logan - Resumo Executivo (Portuguese)
- Questions and Answers (Q&A) Logan Airport Health Study (English)
- Preguntas y respuestas: Estudio de salud del Aeropuerto Logan (Spanish)
- Perguntas e respostas: Estudo de Saúde do Aeroporto de Logan (Portuguese)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.