- Environmental Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Lupus Foundation of America
(Toll free) 1-800-558-0121
- Massachusetts Chapter, Lupus Foundation of America
(Toll free) 1-877-NOLUPUS
- Lupus Foundation of Greater Washington
- Arthritis Foundation
(Toll free) 1-800-283-7800
- Arthritis Foundation of Massachusetts
(Toll free) 1-800-766-9449
- National Institute of Arthritis
Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS),
National Institutes of Health
(Toll free) 1-877-22-NIAMS
NIAMS is a part of the National Institutes of Health and has many resources on lupus. You can call the toll-free number to request any of the NIAMS resources below:
- Women of Courage (support group for women living with lupus)
Contact Bobbie Drake-Saucer,
- Daughters of Comfort (support group for women with health issues)
Contact Loraine Hector,
- Churches Organized to Save Tomorrow (COST)
Contact Teresa Kelley,
Children Living with Lupus
- Kids living with lupus
- The Dish
A newsletter by and for teens with lupus (Lupus Foundation of America's Wisconsin Chapter)
414-541-3033 for subscription information.
For Friends and Family of People Living with Lupus
- The Well Spouse Foundation (organization for spousal caregivers)
(Toll free) 1-800-838-0879
- National Family Caregivers Association
(Toll free) 1-800-896-3650
- Lupus Multiplex Registry & Repository
- University of Minnesota
The Genetics of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Family Study ("The Sisters with Lupus Research Project")
- Clinical trials search (search under "lupus")
Sun and Ultraviolet Lighting Sensitivity
Some women with lupus recommend the following resources for sun and ultraviolet lighting sensitivity.
The Mass. Dept. of Public Health does not endorse any specific products or vendors.
- Sun Solutions, Inc.
(Toll free) 1-800-895-0010
- Sun Precautions (clothing)
(Toll free) 1-800-882-7860
- Friends Boutique
at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Other Health Resources
- MedLine Plus - online medical information
- How to find medical information
- "How to Evaluate Health Information on the Internet” December 2005 - USFDA
- National Center for Alternative and Complementary Medicine, NIH
(Toll free) 1-888-644-6226
- Roads We Have Traveled
A collection of personal stories about life with lupus
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Minorities with Disabilities Advocacy Center
- Social Security Administration
Boston District Office
(Toll free) 1-800-772-1213
- Look up the toll free phone number for district offices in Brookline, Cambridge-Somerville, Chelsea, Dorchester, Roslindale or Roxbury (in the U.S. Government section of the phone book)
- U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Toll free information line: 1-800-514-0301
- A Guide to Disability Rights Law
- ADA questions and answers
- Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC)
Toll-free 1-800-949-4232 to reach the center nearest you.
- The Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.