- Established an active, population-based birth defects surveillance system for Massachusetts Surveillance
- Published annual surveillance reports Surveillance Reports
- Participated in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study since 1998 NBDPS
- Interviewed 70% of eligible cases and controls
- Collected and processed biologic samples from families affected by birth defects so that in the future researchers will be able to investigate genetic factors that may play a role in the development of birth defects NBDPS
- Provided financial support for local research and published 39 journal articles since 1996. Publications
This information is provided by the Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.