Your child and family may be eligible for additional support services in your home or community. The following websites provide information about resources available to families who have a child with special health care needs.
- Community Support Line 1-800-882-1435
- Family Ties
- Directions: Resources for Your Child's Care
- Financial Assistance - Resources to help you manage your financial needs.
- Food & Nutrition - Programs that offer access to free or low cost food to help eligible people meet their basic needs.
- Health Care & Insurance - Programs offering free or low-cost health care and insurance coverage.
- Catalog of Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts Vehicle Tax Exemption - Parents or guardians of qualifying minor children or youth may qualify for a sales tax exemption on the purchase of a motor vehicle, based on disability. Form MVU-33.
- The Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program (MATLP) - Low-interest loans through Easter Seals of Massachusetts via 20 access sites across the state for items that support the needs of individuals with disabilities, including accessible vehicles.
- Adapting Motor Vehicles for People with Disabilities - Guide published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP) - Low-interest loans for modifications to a primary residence of individuals with disabilities.
- Directory of Home Modification Resources
For assistance call 1-800-882-1435 (within Massachusetts), 617-624-6060, or TTY 617-624-5992.
This information is provided by the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs within the Department of Public Health.