Community Support Line 1-800-882-1435
The Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs toll free statewide Community Support Line provides information, technical assistance and resources for families with children and youth with special health needs and the providers serving these families.
Resource Specialists inform families about all of the public programs they may be eligible for, and about the state and community-based resources that may provide assistance. They answer questions, do a thorough assessment of family needs and eligibility for services and benefits and provide training to families and providers.
Resource Specialists provide information and assistance about and eligibility for a broad range of programs including:
- Programs within the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs
- Public benefits (SSI, CommonHealth, MassHealth, etc.)
- Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund
- Hearing Aid Program for Infants and Children
- Care Coordination services
- Family-to-family supports
- Community-based services
- Other programs within the Department of Public Health, or other state agencies (Department of Developmental Services, Department of Mental Health, MA Commission for the Blind, MA Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, MA Rehabilitation Commission and others)
Families and providers are welcome to call the Community Support Line for assistance. The Resource Specialists' goal is to help answer specific questions and requests, as well as to ensure that families are informed about all the public programs they may be eligible for, and community resources that might provide additional assistance. Resource Specialists are available for follow-up assistance with families, and often have multiple contacts with a family.
For more information about the Community Support Line, contact Sandra Broughton, Director of Community Support at 617-994-9819.
Comment on Our Key Activities
Sandra Broughton, Director, Community Support
Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition
250 Washington Street, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02108
This information is provided by the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs within the Department of Public Health.