- Directions has many forms to fill out and a lot of information to read through. This notebook can be very helpful to you and the health care providers for your child. Use this chapter to learn more about accessing and using the internet in addition to organizing your child's health information.
- Use a monthly calendar to write down important dates and appointments.
- Download forms to help you organize and plan your child's care. Use them to write down your child's health care information, medical history, and other important facts. Keep them together in a 3-ring binder.
- Use this page to mark the chapter where you keep copies of health records and other health information in a 3-ring binder.
- Use this page to mark the chapter where you keep copies of school records and other educational information in a 3-ring binder.
- A guide for preparing for emergencies. None of us like to think about emergencies, but it helps to be prepared.
- Information about your child's primary care provider, specialty health care providers, and hospital care.
- Information and resources for taking care of the daily needs of your child, including information about some health care services used at home that may need extra planning. Many of the following ideas and tips come from other parents based on their own experiences.
- Information about the health insurance plan for your child and resources if you need more information about health insurance, paying for health care for your child, and public benefits.
- Information on how to plan for your child's education. Here you will find a description of the legal rights in the education system for your child, information about educational services for your child, a guide to creating educational and health care plans for your child, and resources to help your child succeed in school.
- Information to help prepare you and your child for the process of growing up and becoming an adult
- Information and resources to parents and families of children with special health care needs.
- Download chapters here. Put them together in a 3-ring binder.
- "Directions' is also available in Spanish and Portuguese.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.