- Primary care is the routine (regular) health care your child gets from a doctor or nurse.
- In a Medical Home, families and providers work together as partners to access all the services needed for a child: both medical and non-medical
- You know your child better than anyone else does. Their health care providers need your help to give the best care. It is the job of your health care to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
- As you plan for medical care for your child, use these questions as a guide for learning more about your primary care provider's practice.
- Tips on making the most of a health visit: before, during, and afterwards.
- A specialist is a doctor or other provider with special training in a certain area of medical care.
- If you worry about your child's behavior or emotions, a mental health provider can help.
- Counseling and therapy are provided by mental health providers in many different settings, including the home, schools, and counseling centers.
- Dental health, the care of teeth and gums, is an important part of the well being of your child. A dentist is a key member of the health care team helping your child.
- A care coordinator or case manager may be able to help you get the information, care, and services your child needs.
- Information on the specialty health care providers.
- There may be a time when you are not happy with the care your child is getting. You may decide to change primary care or other health care providers.
- If your child ever needs to stay in the hospital, learning your way around can be a challenge. Understanding who is who in the hospital means learning some new names and terms.
- Preparing for your child's stay in the hospital and resources that may help.
- Preparing for your child to leave the hospital and discharge checklist.
- Under federal law, health plans and most health care providers are required to ensure the privacy and security of health care information. A federal law that protects a person's health information is called HIPAA.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.