There may be a time when you are not happy with the care your child is getting. Maybe you disagree with the provider's recommendations or you just don't get along. If this happens, try to talk about your concerns with the provider. Sometimes, talking together can resolve the problem and improve your relationship.

If you still disagree, you can always decide to change your child's primary care provider (PCP) or other health care provider.

Keep in Mind

  • Contact a Member Services Representative at your child's health plan to find out how to make the change. The health plan can give you names of other PCPs and specialists in its network.
  • Ask your child's PCP to help you find other providers who can care for your child. The PCP will usually need to make a referral for another specialist.
  • Ask parents of other children with special health care needs for advice. One way to do this is to contact: