The Office of Specialty Services is focused on ensuring that children with particular conditions are identified at a young age and then have access to appropriate intervention. Children who have a hearing loss, vision loss, deafblindness, children who have complex medical needs or multiple disabilities, or an Autism Spectrum Disorder are all part of this group. Although these children may not seem to share many traits, they are grouped together because they may need attention from professionals with specialized training to address the particular needs of each of these diagnoses. The office oversees policy development, standards and monitoring of specialty service providers, and provides technical assistance, training and consultation to program staff, families, community collaborators and other state agencies around specialty service issues.
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Massachusetts Act Early
Massachusetts Act Early aims to educate parents and professionals about healthy childhood development, early warning signs of autism and other developmental disorders, the importance of routine developmental screening, and timely early intervention whenever there is a concern.
- Is Your Child Developing in Ways That Puzzle You?
- Specialty Services for Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Specialty Service Providers for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Deaf and Hearing Loss
- Getting Started: Information for Parents of Infants and Toddlers who are Deaf or Have a Hearing Loss
- Spanish/Espanol Getting Started: Information for Parents of Infants and Toddlers who are Deaf or Have a Hearing Loss
- Partnering for the Success of Children with Hearing Loss Task Force Report
- Recommendations for Ongoing Hearing Evaluations of Children in the Early Intervention System
- Transition Tips for Parents of Children with Hearing Loss
- For more information, visit the Newborn Hearing Screening Program website.
- If You Think Your Child has Both a Vision and Hearing Loss
- Do You Think Your Child Has a Vision Loss?
- Transition Tips for Parents of Children with Vision Loss
Collaboration, Specialty Providers, and Early Intervention
- Collaboration Among Families, Early Intervention Programs, and Specialty Providers
- Early intervention Parent Leadership Project
Information for Providers
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.