Set aside file for all documents
Become familiar with Competency Areas and Competency Indicators
Start gathering documentation for Entry 1: Formal Knowledge Sources
- Obtain official transcripts
- What courses addressed what competency indicators? Gather documentation
- What other inservices, courses, workshops, conferences have you attended that address competency indicators?
- Apply for Competency Education Credits (CECs) through the Early Intervention Training Center
- Plan to attend inservices, courses, workshops, conferences that will address the remaining indicators
Become familiar with Entry 4: Breadth of Practice
Make sure you have experience with children and families you need to highlight in this Entry
Consider children and families for whom you serve as service coordinator; begin considering which you might highlight in Entry 3: Depth of Practice
Consider what you are doing or could do as a contribution to the field (Entry 2: Professionalism)
Entry 1: Complete formal knowledge grid
Entry 2: Read and write response to current research; obtain current performance evaluation or supervisor letter;
Complete contribution to the field
Entry 3: Write narrative; gather IFSP and additional work samples
Entry 4: Gather work samples and write cover sheets
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.