The DPH provides training to the Early Intervention community through the Early Intervention Training Center (EITC).
The mission of the EITC is to provide education and training for a wide variety of individual staff in EI that address the social, emotional, health, developmental and educational needs of children and families in Early Intervention and affiliated early childhood programs, such as child care and family-centered community programs.
Training supports DPH's commitment to competency-based education and training, with an awareness of the following core principles:
- Delivered in full partnership with families, who participate as faculty with professional staff in the planning and delivery of trainings;
- Designed to reflect and support DPH's role as Lead Agency for EI in Massachusetts, in accordance with federal regulations and state standards;
- Reflective of the centrality of families' roles in the lives of young children and of individual family values;
- Reflective of the importance of serving young children in settings and within routines that are natural to the child's age and environment;
- Promoting services that are compatible with the cultural beliefs, practices, and preferred languages of families and staff; and
- Reflective of an awareness of racial, ethnic, income-based and disability-based disparities.
EITC provides orientation and core training in a variety of topics:
- Building A Community, a two-part face to face orientation to MA Early Intervention
- Assessment: A face to face core training on infant and toddler assessment
- A menu of on-line modules on topics such as Infant Brain Development, Social-Emotional Development, Home Visiting, and History of Massachusetts Early Intervention.
EITC further provides special sessions on such topics as Reflective Supervision how to recognize low-incidence conditions, as well as topic-specific mentorships.
Detailed information about EITC, including a calendar of training, CEC application, and certification information, may be accessed at www.eitrainingcenter.org.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.