- Transition Planning for Adolescents with Special Health Care Needs and Disabilities: A Guide for Health Care Providers
To help assist families, this booklet includes resources and strategies for practitioners to guide interactions with families and to focus their attention on four key facets of adulthood: health, education, employment and recreation.
- Moving on Positively — a guidebook for the transition needs of HIV positive youth. For use by youth and young adults, parents and caregivers. file size 4MB file size 7MB
- CROSSINGS: A Manual for Transition of Chronically Ill Youth to Adult Health Care
This manual is intended as a guide for health professionals to establish a new health care delivery system for transitioning adolescents with chronic illness to adult healthcare. The manual is based on the experience of a cystic fibrosis team in a hospital for children and a department of internal medicine, in collaboration with other appropriate hospital departments.
- "We Are Able" Video
This film aims to raise awareness and offer suggestions as to what policy makers and health care professionals can do to help. The messages in the film come directly from young people with disabilities and/or special health care needs. "We Are Able" was created by the Massachusetts Young Adult Advisory Council, at MDPH.
- Moving from Pediatric to Adult Providers
This 16 minute video models a series of steps and strategies pediatricians can take to ensure a successful transition to adult care. The steps include strategic discussions between the pediatrician, youth and parent beginning at age 14, ending with follow-up consultation between the adult provider, young adult and pediatrician.
- Guide to Health Care Transition
Information for Providers to assist youth to transition to adult health care.
This information is provided by the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs within the Department of Public Health.